B&N Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo Reader, and more
Amazon Kindle, Kindle Fire, and Kindle Touch
Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android and Windows phones
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat can I download?
- The library currently offers e-book downloads through Overdrive. Search or browse for books at the MVLC Overdrive page.
- Patrons may check out up to (5) electronic books or electronic audiobooks at once. E-books and e-audiobooks will expire after 7, 14, or 21 days, depending on your preference at checkout.
- Massachusetts residents may also register for a Boston Public Library e-card which allows access to more Overdrive titles.
Can I place holds?
- Yes. Holds can be placed on e-books using your Overdrive account. Please note that this catalog is separate from the library catalog, so notification preferences may be different.
Will my device work with the library's digital downloads?
- See Overdrive's list of supported e-book devices. The Amazon Kindle, B&N Nook, and other major e-readers are supported. Apple iOS and Android devices are also supported. Apple and Nook Tablet users can download the free Overdrive Media Console app and download e-books directly to their device.
What if I need more help?