Laptop In-House Borrowing Policy
Six laptop computers are locked at workstations in the Teen Zone on the second floor of the library. Patrons may request to have these laptops unlocked from the workstations for use in other areas of the Teen Zone or Children’s Room. This policy outlines the guidelines for borrowing the laptops. Patrons using the laptops must also abide by the Computer Use, Internet & Wireless Network Policy.
Borrowing a Laptop
- Patrons must be 14 years of age or older to have a laptop unlocked for them.
- Patrons must present a valid library card or photo ID at checkout which will be held at the circulation desk until the laptop is returned.
- Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Patrons may borrow only one laptop at a time.
- Laptops may only be used in the Teen Zone or Children’s Room areas.
- Laptops can be borrowed for a maximum of three hours per day. If others are waiting, the time limit is 45 minutes.
- Laptops must be returned 15 minutes before closing.
- By signing in on the laptop, the patron is agreeing to conditions outlined in this policy
- The patron agrees to:
- Be responsible for the laptop while in use and not leave it unattended.
- Return the laptop in the same order and condition as when received.
- Accept financial responsibility for the laptop if damaged or lost while on loan.
Approved by Board of Library Trustees February 21, 2012