In order for the Library to make its limited space and resources available for the quiet enjoyment of all users, tutoring will only be permitted as follows:
- Banda Room—Mondays and Wednesdays 3 pm-6 pm during the school year; 9 am to noon in the summer.
- Teen Zone and Children’s Room –Monday through Thursday evenings 7 pm-9 pm.
Tutoring in other areas or during other times is not permitted. The only exception is if the Banda Room is available (cannot be booked in advance), then tutoring may take place.
- When the Banda Room is reserved for tutoring, up to six tutors may use it. This is on a first come-first serve basis.
- Tutors are required to sign in on the sign in sheet in the Banda Room.
- The Library does not sponsor, recommend or assume liability or responsibility for the work and/or activities of tutors who use the library space.
- Tutors are responsible for the behavior of students being tutored.
- Parents /tutor conferences should not take place in the hallway.
- Parents waiting to pick up their children from tutoring should wait in the Children’s Room or in the public area on the first floor.
- Library telephone may not be used to make or cancel appointments. Library staff will not relay messages to tutors or students.
- Food is not permitted in the Banda Room.
Approved by the Board of Library Trustees, November 16, 2010.
Updated February 20, 2013